What is happening in the NP-OILD Lab?
- The NP-OILD Lab welcomes Hayoung Woo as a PhD student in the fall of 2021.
- Our sugar kelp study was featured in the UConn Today. https://today.uconn.edu/2021/06/eating-under-the-sea-uconn-researchers-find-health-benefits-of-connecticut-grown-sugar-kelp/
- Dr. Yoojin Lee, a former PhD student, was featured on the CAHNR Newsroom.
- Will Odell, an Undergrad researcher, received a SURF Award from the Office of Undergraduate Research in March 2021. Congratulations to Will!
- Dr. Lee was invited as reviewer editor for Frontiers in Nutrition - Nutrigenomics as well as Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine - Lipidology in Feb.
- Dr. Hyunju Kang presents "The role of astaxanthin and histone deacetylase 4 in alcohol-induced inflammation" at UConn RNA Salon on Feb 19th.
- The NP-OILD new website is launched in January.
- Hyunju Kang graduated with PhD in December 2020 and she will stay in Lee's Lab for postdoc training.
- Dr. Lee presented at the 21st Frontier Scientists Workshop hosted by the Korean Academy of Science and Technology in December 2020. The title of her talk was "Role of macrophage histone deacetylase 4 in diet-induced metabolic dysfunctions and inflammation".
- Dr. Lee gave a virtual seminar in the Department of Food and Nutrition at Yonsei University in South Korea in November 2020. The seminar title was "Mechanistic understanding of the role of astaxanthin in the prevention of alcohol-induced inflammation in macrophages".
- Siqi Hu successfully defended his PhD dissertation in June 2020 and he will start his postdoc training at UC San Diego School of Medicine.
- Hyunju Kang, a PhD student, was elected as a finalist at the American Society for Nutrition Emerging Leader Poster Competition in the Carotenoids and Retinoids Topical Area in June 2020.
- Dr. Mi-Bo Kim, a post-doc, was a finalist at the American Society for Nutrition Emerging Leader Poster Competition in the Carotenoids and Retinoids Topical Area in June 2020.
- Yoojin Lee finished her PhD program in May 2020. She will get her postdoc training at Harvard Medical School.
- Former PhD student, Dr. Minkyung Bae will start her faculty career in March 2020 as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Food and Nutrition at Changwon National University in South Korea.
Dr. Yoojin Lee, a former PhD student in the NP-OILD lab, is currently a postdoc at Harvard School of Medicine.